This is the 3rd annual IoT Design Competition hosted by the IoT Students Club at University of Florida. This competition is sponsored by Texas Instruments, Microsoft, and the Warren B. Nelms Institute for the Connected World. In this competition, teams of 1-4 members design, build, and demonstrate their own IoT Project. Teams will create a video to share with the judges and fellow competitors at the end of the competition.
The IoT Design competition promotes the participation of undergraduate and graduate students in the application of IoT technology to solve real-life problems. The goal of the competition is to enhance understanding of IoT technology and applications and create awareness about the emerging field of IoT. We expect the competition to stimulate student interest in IoT and contribute towards creating a well-trained future workforce.
Eligibility: current Undergraduate and Graduate students worldwide
Starter Kit: Hardware Prototyping teams will be provided with a starter kit, containing Texas Instruments microcontroller, wireless module (sponsored by Texas Instruments), and battery.
View the Competition Brochure
|REGISTRATION PHASE||COMPETITION PHASE||JUDGEMENT PHASE|
|Deadline: September 11, 2023
Begins – December 8, 2023
Ends – March 8, 2024
|Winner announcement – March 27, 2024
Any questions? Email IoT Students Club
PRIZES & AWARDS
Teams in 1st – 3rd place will receive cash prizes.*
2nd Place – $2,000
3rd Place – $1,000
- For University of Florida students, the cash prize may affect their financial aid
- For non-University of Florida students, cash prize recipients will need to complete either University of Florida (UF) vendor paperwork, or W-8BEN Form and a Bank Wire Transfer Form to receive their cash prize
- Participants must complete all competition-related work in their country of residence
- Cash prize is subject to taxation
- An individual may compete on only one team