This is a design contest where a team of graduate and undergraduate students with no more than 4 members per team will need to build an IoT edge device and demonstrate its functionality. Each team will be provided with the Launchpad module by Texas Instruments (TI) and several sensors. The team is responsible for hardware integration, packaging with custom or off-the-shelf enclosure, communication, and software installation.
How To Participate
- Form a team and sign up online on this website
- Receive the Design Kits (to be mailed soon)
- More details to follow
- Phase I: Registration and qualification (Now – 12/10/2020)
- In this phase, student teams will register for the competition. During the registration, they will also submit a 1~2 page proposal describing their background and the goal they may achieve in the competition.
- Phase II: Competition (12/15/2020 – 2/15/2021)
- The qualified teams will receive development boards.
- Phase III: Demo and Award Ceremony (March 2021)
- All teams will submit video demonstrations and winners will be announced.
- Cash prize (sponsored by the Warren B. Nelms Institute) and Physical Prizes (Sponsored by Texas Instruments)